Hello and welcome to Coping With Colitis – glad you could join me.
My name is Daisy Jane Ridley and I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in April 2017 at the age of 24.
I have created this space on the Internet called Coping With Colitis to document my personal journey, to share any tips I learn along the way but most importantly to create a community not only for UC sufferers but for other Inflammatory Bowel Disease sufferers.
Please introduce yourself and join me on my journey and share your journey with me too.
You can reach me at – email@example.com
Daisy J Ridley.
You can read my full UC diagnosis story HERE.
I will regularly update this with information that has been incredibly helpful to me.
- https://www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/ – first and foremost this is THE most helpful website on IBD, I have recently become a member and encourage you to do the same.
- http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ulcerative-colitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx – more great information from the trusty NHS!
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08hnpmn – I found this podcast very helpful and interesting, it explains clearly the difference between IBS and IBD.
- http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bowel-cancer-screening/Documents/Having-a-colonoscopy.pdf – A great PDF document provided by the NHS about having a colonoscopy.
- http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/Publications/diarrhoea-and-constipation.pdf – Suffering from constipation? (Yes, really) this is a very helpful document to explain why you might be and how to get past it!
- http://www.pat.nhs.uk/downloads/patient-information-leaflets/gastroenterology/895%20Aminosalicylates%20in%20IBD.pdf – Lots of good information on what 5-ASAs (Aminosalicylates) actually are.